Wedding, Prom Hairstyles From The Dolce & Gabbana Runway
It’s time to start the search for wedding, prom hairstyles. Since worldwide fashion week is in full swing, let’s turn to the runway for inspiration.
Happy Tuesday gorgeous! As such, it is time for another how-to with Ask the Pro Stylist. Because the world is still eyeing new designs, this week we take a cue from the Dolce & Gabbana runway to create wedding, prom hairstyles.
For the designer’s FW 2017 Show Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalizes on ‘Dolcified’ women. Making it a family affair was significant for Guido. The look is feminine and soft, some up, some down. In addition, some will wear crowns, accessories, headbands and florals, perfect for wedding, prom hairstyles.
There are 2 looks to choose from.
The Elegant Updo
- Begin with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse hair and add softness and shine.
- Next, create a center part using a fine-tooth comb.
- Then, allow hair to air dry. If hair is straight, use a curling iron on the length and around the hairline. As a result this will add a little bit of soft texture.
- Spray Wind Blown 05 all throughout lengths, ends and at the hairline for a dry spun, windblown texture.
- Pull hair back into a French twist using fingers.
- Secure with several u-shaped pins.
- Use fingers to pull out pieces in the back and towards the front. In addition soften with side bangs, if necessary.
- Finally, add a headband or accessory for flare.
Romantic, Half-up Curls
- As above, prep hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Create a center part using fingers.
- Allow hair to air dry and follow curling iron instructions to add texture.
- Spray Wind Blown 05 for additional texture.
- Using fingers, pull one to two-inch sections from each side of the hair and pull back behind ears. Secure with bobby pins.
- Once secure, twist hair over each side to the opposite side and secure with additional bobby pins, hiding them underneath the hair.
- Finish with a touch of Fashion Work 12 Hairspray around the hairline and on the pinned section to tame fly-aways. As a result the hair will have a touch of polish.
For more how-tos with Ask the Pro Stylist similar to today’s wedding, prom hairstyles, please visit next Monday. Until then, happy styling!
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It is unlawful to reproduce this article or any part therein without prior written permission and consent from the author. This post contains affiliate links, compensating Ask the Pro Stylist if you make a purchase via clicking on such.