Taraji P. Henson and Her Winning Golden Globe Makeup
Taraji P. Henson was a stunning sight to behold at the 2016 Golden Globes, winning Best Actress for a TV Drama. Henson stood out on the red carpet in a bespoke strapless, silk ivory Stella McCartney gown with picture perfect hair and makeup to match. Get her “goddess” look from the makeup artist that created those sultry eyes and lips.
Happy Monday gorgeous, and welcome to this week’s edition of Ask the Pro Stylist’s Hair Police! Unfortunately, after watching the 2016 Golden Globes, there are no hair violations to report, except one unknown with big hair sitting at a table, which the camera kept panning to. However, I did find many winners, including my favorite Taraji P. Henson.
Not only am I a fan of the actress, but also of Empire, so I was thrilled when Taraji P. Henson won her Golden Globe. She was surprised her Cookie Lyon character earned the credit, but Cookie’s struggle as a woman fighting for her family speaks to all, even if we aren’t black or have been incarcerated. Cookie is probably my favorite TV personality because of her strength and hysterical outspoken manner.
Congratulations to Taraji for taking home the Golden Globe. And if you loved the way she looked on the red carpet, her makeup how-to is as follows.
Ashunta Sheriff for L’Oréal Paris “to accentuate Taraji’s white Stella McCartney dress. We decided collectively (as we often do), to go for a clean and fresh look and have it paired with sultry eyes and lips. This look is not only chic, but sexy and effortless; perfect for anyone who wants to play as a goddess for the night.”
- First, Ashunta started with a clean and moisturized canvas and applied the Revitalift Miracle Blur as a primer for a smooth makeup application.
- Next, she applied True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in C5.5 all over her face and neck.
- To follow, she gently applied True Match Concealer in Medium/Deep Neutral under brow bones, eyes and down the bridge of the nose to create a natural highlight effect.
- To avoid an oily T-zone, Ashunta gently patted on True Match Powder in C6.
- As a first step for the eyes, she applied Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Sunset Seine all over the lid and followed with Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Café Au Lait on the creases only.
- For a dramatic lash, she applied three coats of Voluminous Superstar Red Carpet Mascara on both the bottom and top lashes.
- She lined both the upper and lower lash lines (staying out of the watermark) with Infallible Black Velvet Liner. “This really outlines Taraji’s beautiful almond-shaped eyes and makes them stand out,” says Sheriff.
- Visible Lift Blur Blush in Soft Pink was applied to the apples of Taraji P. Henson’s cheeks using the fingers for a dewy and fresh result.
- She outlined the lips using Colour Riche Lip Liner and finished filling in with Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction.
- Her last and final “red carpet ready” step was to spritz Infallible Makeup Setting Spray for a long lasting finish.
Congratulations once again to Taraji P. Henson for her Golden Globe win. Visit next Monday for another edition of Ask the Pro Stylist’s Hair Police. Until then, happy styling!
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author.