Red Carpet Hair Guide: Get Maddie & Tae’s Look From The Country Music Awards
This Tuesday’s red carpet hair guide comes from the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards. Vocal Duo of the Year Nominee Maddie & Tae had the red carpet treatment from Nashville Glam stylists who also shared their vision with Ask the Pro Stylist.
Hello beautiful! Since it’s Tuesday, it is time for another how-to with Ask the Pro Stylistbehind the scenes with the hair and makeup team for the Country Music Awards Vocal Duo of the Year Nominee Maddie & Tae. Their red carpet hair guide is courtesy of celebrity makeup artist Tarryn Feldman and celebrity hairstylist Kristen Carbine.
The red carpet hair guide is as follows.
Tae’s Hair by Kristen Carbine:
- Starting with damp hair, spritz Oribe’s Maximista Thickening Spray.
- Then rough dry with the Bio Ionic 10X Ultralight Speed Dryer.
- Create a slight bend in the hair with CHI’s G2 1″ Ceramic and Titanium Digital Hairstyling Iron.
- Backcomb the roots all over the crown.
- Then apply a cocktail of CHI Dry Shampoo with Kevin Murphy HAIR.RESORT for texture.
- Gather all of the hair into a high messy bun. Of note, when you pull the hair into the bun leave the ends flowing out in the back.
- Pull down whispers to frame the face.
- Apply a spritz of CHI Spray Wax for a city swept look.
- Additionally, use a hair accessory under the bun.
- Finish with CHI Hairspray and secure bun with bobby pins.
Tae’s Makeup by Tarryn Feldman:
Tae’s dress was the inspiration for a bronze metallic eye and a fresh look. Makeup Geek shadows (Goddess, Rose Gold) are perfect because they last and the pigments are great! Instead of a full lash, Ardell’s wispy individuals keep it more natural. In addition, Makeup Revolution USA’s Blush Queen Palette adds the right amount of glow.
Maddie’s Hair by Kristen Carbine:
- spritz Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and Kevin Murphy UN.TANGLED on damp hair.
- Blow dry with the Bio Ionic 10X Ultralight Speed Dryer and a medium Turbo Round Boar Brush by CHI.
- Use CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray for heat protection while styling.
- Because it is important to make sure all sections are styled away from the face, alternate between the T3 1″ Wand and the Bio Ionic 1″ 10x Pro Styling Iron.
- Add tease and laced hair extensions for volume.
- Create a side part.
- Apply CHI Spray Wax and ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray while lightly texturizing the hair with your fingers.
- Finish with White Sands Infinity Hairspray for a flexible hold with shine.
Finally, Maddie’s Makeup by Tarryn Feldman:
Because the dress is such a statement and Maddie has such beautiful skin, the goal was glowing skin. I love using Becca’s Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation on Maddie as it’s sheer and glowy. Shimmer products like Makeup Revolution USA’s Blush Queen Palette enhanced the look. Finally, keeping her eyes clean with lots of lash and neutral lip tied it all together.
For more how-tos like this week’s red carpet hair guide, tune in next Tuesday. Until then, happy styling!
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It is unlawful to reproduce this article or any part therein without prior written permission and consent from the author. This post contains affiliate links, compensating Ask the Pro Stylist if you make a purchase via clicking on such.