NYFW is bringing sexy back, way back to the 60s; with bed head hairstyles that have a retro Brigitte Bardot feel. If you loved the looks out of Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2015 Collection for New York Fashion week this past Sunday, then read on to learn how to recreate the hairstyle Kendall Jenner wore for the fashion icon.
If you tuned in on Tuesday for a featured hairstyle guide, and were disappointed not to see a post, I apologize, as I was backstage watching hair magic in motion at the New York Public Library for the NYFW debut of The Intimate Britney Spears Collection. Since Sunday I have been in love with every look sent my way for New York Fashion Week. Although not a fan of the whole Kardashian thing, I did adore Kendall Jenner’s runway hair for DVF and received an inside look from the mastermind behind the style.
“The inspiration for the hair is the French Riviera. It is all about the south of France in the 50s when it was very glamorous. The hair is key and needed to look beautiful,” said Diane Von Furstenberg in a press release. She entrusted celebrity hairstylist Orlando Pita for BioSilk Hair Care the task of releasing Brigitte Bardot for a new generation. The French sex goddess “was the original ‘bed head’ before the term was even popular” said Pita. Instead of copying Brigitte’s classic “retro” style, Orlando wanted to “create volume in a more modern way” for NYFW.
To create the look seen on Kendall Jenner, Candice Swanepoel and Naomi Campbell at DVF’s NYFW show, Orlando suggests, “allowing the products to create a teased effect.”
- Prepare the hair with BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Root Lift for lift and volume at the root area.
- Next, blow-dry the hair with CHI TOUCH Touchscreen Blow Dryer and CHI Turbo Nylon Brush to “lift at the base and create a slight bend to the ends.”
- Once the hair is completely dry, apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Dry Clean Shampoo to “add additional texture at the root area for lift and volume”
- Section the hair and use the CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Digital Hairstyling Iron to bump the ends.
- To enhance a “natural lift at the root area instead of teasing,” Pita applied BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Texturizing Powder. “This is the modern way to avoid backcombing or teasing for lift. I love this product!”
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author.