Miss USA 2016: Get Deshauna Barber’s Crowning Look
Get the Miss USA 2016 crowning look from the pro that created the momentous hairstyle. Farouk Systems Artist Nik Martel offers her step-by-step guide for this Tuesday’s how-to from Ask the Pro Stylist.
As the official hair care sponsor for the 2016 Miss USA Pageant, Farouk Systems Artist, Nik Martel was responsible for creating Deshauna Barber’s crowning look. The Miss USA 2016 glamorous hairstyle guide is as follows.
- First of all, evenly distribute a few drops of a CHI Royal Treatment Pearl Complex throughout the whole head lightly with hands and a CHI Paddle Brush. As a result, this adds moisture and shine, as well as heat protection to the hair before styling. When working in an air-conditioned arena among a dry desert climate such as Las Vegas, adding moisture is key to tame fly-a-ways and static electricity. These are your worst enemies with HDTV.
- Section the hair into four sections (sides, top and back) and secure with clips.
- Starting in the back nape area, take a 1-1/4-inch sub-section and spray both sides with BioSilk Natural Hold Hairspray. This is going to keep your set smooth, bouncy and under control while adding extra moisture and heat protection.
- Using the Dura CHI 1-1/4″ Marcel Curling Iron, roll your first sub-section at the bottom of the nape upwards. Clip into place.
- Using the same sub-sectioning technique, Dura CHI Curling Iron and BioSilk Natural Hold Hair Spray, curl another subsection downward and clip.
- Keep working up towards the crown in this manner, rotating the direction for each sub-section.
- On the sides, use the same technique as at the nape. The first sub-section at the bottom of the sides will be upward, while the remaining will be curled downward.
- The top section will be curled and pinned horizontally back in the same fashion. Clip each curl.
- Let the hair cool to room temperature before removing pins for a stronger curl. In this case, Deshauna needed to return to rehearsals while her hair set. As a result, the hair had time to cool and set for additional time.
- After removing the clips, spray the hair lightly with CHI Royal Treatment Rapid Shine.
- Use an oval small style CHI Paddle Brush to gently brush out curls.
- Form into place with your fingers.
- To finish, spray one last time with BioSilk Natural Hold Hair Spray. This will lock in the moisture and shine while letting the hair still flow with a natural bounce.
Visit next Tuesday for more hair and beauty how-tos similar to this week’s crowning look seen on Miss USA 2016.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It is unlawful to reproduce this article or any part therein without prior written permission and consent from the author.