Kristin Chenoweth Tony Awards Hair: Get the Look
Kristin Chenoweth blew down the house cohosting with Alan Cumming at this year’s Tony Awards. Although she appeared on stage in multiple costume changes with bouncy curls, Kristin Chenoweth initially walked the red carpet with a sleek bob. Hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek for Farouk Systems Inc. created the Broadway star’s Tony Awards look and has provided the details for Ask the Pro Stylist’s How-to Tuesday.
Happy Tuesday hotties, and welcome to Ask the Pro Stylist’s How-to Tuesday guide. Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming were delightful, cohosting the 2015 Tony Awards at New York’s own Radio City Music Hall.
Deborah Watson styled Kristin Chenoweth in a stunning silver Zac Posen gown. To complete her look for the red carpet, celebrity hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek wanted to complement the dress with a “hairstyle that was sleek and chic, but still a little flirty like Kristin’s personality.”
Kristin Chenoweth Tony Awards Hair by Jonathan Hanousek for Farouk Systems Inc.:
- Prep the hair with a few sprays of CHI Keratin Leave-in Conditioner.
- Blow dry the hair using a medium round brush and the CHI Touch 2 Dryer on a low ionic setting to achieve maximum shine and volume, which is my favorite blow dryer, EVER!
- Using the CHI G2 Flat Iron, start at the nape and flat iron the hair flipping the ends up just a bit.
- Mist the hair with Farouk Royal Treatment Rapid Shine Spray over the entire head and use a wide toothcomb to smooth and shape.
- To finish, tuck one side behind the ear, then use a round brush to refine and create her side swept bangs.
- Finally, use BIOSILK Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Firm Hold to hold the red carpet celebrity hairstyle in place.
Visit next Tuesday for another hair, nails and beauty how-to, similar to this week’s red carpet look as seen on Kristin Chenoweth at the 2015 Tony Awards. Until then, happy styling!
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author.