Faux Hawk Braid: Get Jaime Pressly’s Look at the Critics Choice TV Awards
A faux hawk braid is ideal for hair that isn’t long in the traditional sense, or for unique cuts that are short on the sides and lengthy on top. Actress Jaime Pressly wore one such look at Sunday’s Critics Choice TV Awards, and the celebrity stylist that created the faux hawk braid has detailed how to emulate this edgy summer style.
Happy Tuesday gorgeous, and welcome to Ask the Pro Stylist’s how-to guide for the week. Yes, I understand I am off a day, as usual, I am a day late and a dollar short as my dear old dad would say.
Again we turn our attention to warm weather looks. Jaime Pressly wore an edgy, yet chic faux hawk braid for Sunday’s festivities. Hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek for Farouk Systems created the 37-year-old’s celebrity hairstyle stating, “For Jaime’s look we wanted something glamorous, but with a twist. She loves her hair sleek but I wanted to see some texture, so I created her braided hawk.”
To replicate Jaime Pressly’s faux hawk braid this summer, follow Jonathan’s step-by-step guide below.
Jaime Pressly’s Faux Hawk Braid Guide by Jonathan Hanousek
- First prep the hair with a few drops of CHI Argan plus Moringa Oil.
- Apply Farouk Royal Treatment Style Illumination and blow-dry the top of the head with a vent brush directing the hair up and towards the top of the head.
- Stylist Tip: Be sure to catch the shorter hairs in back.
- Use a small round brush to refine the front hairline.
- Work a small amount of CHI Deep Brilliance Glisten in the palms of the hands and work it through the hair to smooth and add shine.
- To create the faux hawk braid, French braid the top of the head with medium tension, secure with a clear Blax Band and tuck the tail under and securewith bobby pins.
- Use hairpins to tighten and help everything to lay flat to the head, then gently pull out the front hairline to add height and create texture.
- Using a tail comb and hairspray, smooth any fly a ways.
- To control the short sides, use a few shots of spray wax and smooth with the fingers and finish the summer look with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Firm Hold.
Visit next Tuesday when I am back on schedule for more summer hair care and looks like Jaime Pressly’s faux hawk braid. Until then, happy styling!
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author.